Holiday Magic Train Concerts Are Back This Year
And They Are Being Joined By Live Music at Metro Transit Centers
Metro Transit commuters will hear the sounds of the season again this year aboard the Holiday Magic Train. Live music is scheduled on two Saturdays in December. In addition to the Holiday Magic Train concerts, Metro has added even more music and celebration. Musical groups from area schools will perform at several Metro Transit Centers throughout the holiday season.
Next month, Chamber Project St. Louis and Miss Jubilee and the Humdingers will present on-board concerts on the Holiday Magic Train. Chamber Project St. Louis will perform on the Blue Line on Saturday, December 8, from 12:12 p.m. to 2:11 p.m. On Saturday, December 15, Miss Jubilee and the Humdingers will perform on the Holiday Magic Train on the Red Line from 1:22 p.m. to 3:21 p.m. Both concerts will begin and end at the Fairview Heights MetroLink Station, first traveling westbound on the Holiday Magic Train.
The cost of the concert is a ticket to ride -- $3 for a 2-hour pass. Metro customers can board at any MetroLink Station along the way with a valid ticket or Metro pass. Visit metrostlouis.org for exact station times.
At the Metro Transit Centers, youth from five bi-state area schools will perform 30-minute concerts at several Metro Transit Centers.
- The Crossroads College Prep Jazz Ensemble will perform at noon at the University City-Big Bend MetroLink Station on December 6 and the Crossroads College Prep Rock Band will perform on December 13 at noon at the Skinker MetroLink Station. (NOTE: CROSSROADS PREP HAS CANCELLED BOTH OF THEIR PERFORMANCES.)
- The Signal Hill Elementary School choir will perform on December 7 at noon at the Belleville MetroLink Station.
- On December 14 at 5 p.m., the Normandy High School Brass Ensemble will perform at the North Hanley Transit Center.
- The Vashon High School Wind and Percussion Troupe will perform at the Grand MetroLink Station at 4:45 p.m. on December 19.
- The Xpression group from Bayless Senior High School will sing at the Brentwood MetroLink Station on December 20 at 5:30 p.m.