In what those watching at home and talking about online were calling a classic, Team USA Women's soccer defeated Canada in the Olympic Semifinals Monday in Manchester, England. Alex Morgan put the match away with the winning goal in overtime for the 4-3 victory.
Ladue High School graduate Becky Sauerbrunn entered the match late as a substitute for Rachel Buehler. Morgan's goal came with about 30 seconds before the match would have gone to penalty kicks.
Team USA will face Japan for the Gold Medal on Thursday afternoon, St. Louis time.
Miss it? Check out The Huffington Post's blog of the action, and enjoy our Storifiy look at how the match was a worldwide nail-biter.
See More on Patch
- MRH Boys Win Track Districts, Brentwood's Rivera Sweeps Girls Throws
- Medals for Brentwood Debaters at State, Freshman in Kansas Relays
- Brentwood Freshman Record-Setter in Florida for Break, at a Track Meet
- MRH Girls Soccer Coach Amber Godfrey Looks For Improvement in 2013
- Senior Olympics Now Taking Applications for This Year's Competiton