MRH senior Kahlid Hagens made the All-Metro first team as a utility player for his play on both sides of the ball. He was also named Missouri Media All-State 2nd Team and honorable mention for the Mississippi Area, White Division, All-Conference Team. Hagens was starting quarterback since his sophomore year.
Hagens wrapped up an impressive three-year run as the Blue Devils’ quarterback with a strong senior season. He completed 54.5 percent of his passes for 2,048 yards, with 21 touchdowns and three interceptions, and ran for a team-high 1,203 yards and 21 scores in leading Maplewood to a 10-3 record and trip to the Missouri Class 2 quarterfinals. As a defensive back, he recorded 18 tackles, three interceptions and two fumble recoveries.
A standout two-way performer, Thompson anchored both the offensive and defensive lines for the Blue Devils, who went 10-3 and advanced to the Missouri Class 2 quarterfinals. He was credited with 98 tackles, including 14 for loss, to go along with a team-high 18 sacks. Thompson is committed to the University of Missouri.
Brentwood senior David Rivera made third team defensive line on the All-Metro team. He was also Missouri Media All-State 1st Team, Missouri Football Coaches Association Class 2 All-State, 1st Team and Missouri Football Coaches Association Class 2, District 2 All-District.
A 6-4, 270-pounder, Rivera anchored the lines for an Eagles squad that went 10-2. He stuffed the stat sheet on defense with 114 tackles, including 26 for loss, 17 sacks, five fumble recoveries and an interception.
Read more about the 2012 football season in Patch.
- Brentwood, MRH Football All-State, All-District, All-Conference
- MRH Football Rolls Brentwood in Districts
- MRH Finishes Strong Over Lutheran North in District Playoff Game
- Eagles Win in District Playoff, Next is Finals at MRH
- Brentwood Burries Principia in First-Round Districts
- Brentwood Seniors Come Through on Senior Night Against Principia
- MRH, Brentwood Football Win Big
- MRH Football is Shut Out On the Road