Maplewood Police: Cars Broken into on Oxford, Cambridge, and Commonwealth
Also, a man grabs a woman's arm, and she hits him in the face and called police.
The following incidents, from Oct. 28 to Nov. 4, were reported to Patch by the Maplewood Police Department.
Sunday, Oct. 28
- A laptop computer was reported stolen from an apartment in the 2000 block of Yale Avenue. Police are following up on several leads regarding the suspect.
Monday, Oct. 29
- A 37-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting from a Maplewood Commons business.
Tuesday, Oct. 30
- A residential burglary was reported in the 7200 block of Anna Avenue. The victim said an apartment door was forced open and a mattress was stolen. Police have several strong leads.
Wednesday, Oct. 31
- Several vehicles were reportedly broken into in the 3500 block of Oxford, 3300 block of Cambridge, and 3500 block of Commonwealth. The suspect(s) targeted unlocked vehicles and stole medicine and a Bluetooth device.
Friday, Nov. 2
- An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting liquor from a business in the 7300 block of Manchester.
- A woman reported while walking through a parking lot in the 2300 block of S. Big Bend at approximately 7 p.m. a gold 4-door sedan pulled up next to her. She said a white male driver got out of the vehicle and grabbed her by the arm. She hit him in the face and ran away, and called the Maplewood Police Department to report the incident. She described the male subject as a white male approximately 5’10”, wearing glasses, with facial hair possibly a mustache.
Sunday, Nov. 4
- Four juveniles were taken into custody for stealing a cellular phone from a person in the 7100 block of Manchester.