Schlafly Bottleworks Gardeners Talk Shop
Two gardeners work the plot, and they both say fall is a great time for plants.
Schlafly Bottleworks has its own garden, and two gardeners to take care of it.
St. Louis Magazine got some advice from Jack Petrovic and Nolan Kowalski on fall vegetable gardening:
Jack: The fall crops are the best. When things cool off, they just taste better. Even foods like collards, broccoli and kale, foods most people don’t like, actually sweeten up after a frost. Most of the destructive insects are leaving by now also.
Nolan: As the heat of summer decreases, combined with some steady rains, the conditions for cool-season crops continuously gets better. As opposed to continuously gets hotter and drier, as it does in spring.
News about other Maplewood businesses in Patch:
- Chris Carpenter Opening Day, at The Post
- Police: Monarch Restaurant Hit and Run Suspect Caught
- The Sarah Harrison Home and the J.B. Smith Funeral Home. Both are part of the same story
- Ted Kalb, of Kalb Electric, Continues Fixing Lamps in the Face of Hardships
- Black Cat Theatre Moving From Maplewood
- Flying Tiger Motorcycles Is Growing