Be extra careful next time you're driving in the area of Hanley and Eager roads.
Brentwood Police Maj. Dan Fitzgerald said Lt. Elmer Phelps, who approves all the department's accident reports, stated that without a doubt the intersection with the most accidents is Eager Road at Hanley Rd.
"Drivers turning from eastbound Eager to southbound Hanley will stop/slow for oncoming southbound Hanley traffic, then sometimes see a car coming, and stop abruptly," Fitzgerald said. "Unfortunately, the car behind them rarely has time to stop, or is also looking at the oncoming traffic instead of in front of them, and rear-ends the car."
Fitzgerald said the parking lots at Brentwood Promenade and Brentwood Square are the other problem areas.
"Too many cars in a cramped area cause many accidents," he said.
He said the main causes for most of these accidents is inattention. There are too many in-car distractions, and not paying attention to other drivers.
Drivers being in a hurry is a problem too. "Just take your time," he said.
See More on Patch
- Police: Cars Broken Into on Elm, Flora and Maple
- Maplewood Police: Large Nose Painted on Buildings
- Zero Auto Accidents in Maplewood, Brentwood on Snowiest Day in Years
- Child Harassment, Mardi Gras Shooting Are Among Top Police Stories
- Crossing Guard May Soon Help Middle Schoolers at Brentwood and White
Most Popular articles
- Vandals Throw Pots of Plants and Furniture Into Brentwood Swim Club Pool
- Bridge From Maplewood to South City Almost Complete
- Why Has Ray's Donuts Been Closed The Last Few Days?
- Does MRH Need Bigger Schools Now? Superintendent Hall Talks Enrollment
- Las Palmas Wins Best Taste of Maplewood, Kakao, Pie Oh My and Tiffany's Diner Winners Too