Brentwood Residents, Mayor on "You Paid For It" Wednesday at 9 p.m.
Fox 2 News Anchor/You Paid For It Reporter Elliott Davis said the segment will run tonight.
A group of Brentwood residents and mayor Pat Kelly will be on Fox 2 News Wednesday night at 9 p.m.
Last Thursday, July 5, a dozen Brentwood residents talked with Fox 2 News reporter Elliott Davis about their concerns for their Brentwood city government, and especially city-paid health insurance for elected officials.
On Friday Davis went to Brentwood mayor Pat Kelly's office for his side of the story.
After Davis was finished with the residents' interview on Thursday, he told them about how he does his "You Paid For It" stories.
"We have two minutes to tell a story, and by the time he gets to say something and the mayor gets to say something, the more little details you throw in the more you confuse people," he said, "because we're reaching a broader audience, so we have to keep it (simple)."
Davis said he doesn't get bogged down in stories because he tries to keep focused on the major point without getting pulled off to side issues.
"We just hammer one point, and the point is, these guys are getting a salary and they're getting these health benefits for a part-time job," he said.
Tune in at 9 tonight and see the finished product.
Also in Maplewood-Brentwood Patch:
- Saunders takes Aim at Health Insurance Perk
- Insurance for Brentwood's Mayor, Aldermen: Will it Continue?
- KMOV Interviews Mayor Kelly on City-Paid Health Insurance for Elected Officials
- Health Insurance for Brentwood's Elected Officials Prompts Questions
- Brentwood Officials' Health Insurance: Residents Speak, Kelly Responds, Saunders Makes a Motion