Cat Gets Oxygen After Richmond Heights Fire
The blaze on Laclede Station Road caused significant damage.
A cat overcome by smoke during a house fire Saturday on Laclede Station Road got help from the Richmond Heights Fire Department, Chief Kerry Hogan said.
Paramedics administered oxygen to the cat; it was expected to receive veterinary care, Hogan said. The one resident home at the time was uninjured.
Officials responded to the fire shortly after 7:30 a.m. in the 1700 block of Laclede Station Road. The blaze grew to two-alarm status before being extinguished.
The cause of the fire is unlikely to be determined, Hogan said, though it's possible lightning or an electrical issue played a role. Fire damage occurred in the utility room, kitchen and attic space, and damage from water and smoke happened throughout the house.
Hogan said he did not have an estimate as to the cost of the damage.