Pace Properties would like to buy the northern half of 40 acres in the Hadley Township in Richmond Heights for a retail development. The homeowners are in limbo, not knowing if it will go through or not.
It's the third time in six years a developer has tried this.
In a St. Louis Post-Dispatch article, Mayor James Beck stated that the current effort by Pace Properties to develop Hadley Township may be the last, if it fails.
"This is very likely the city's last effort to seek redevelopment," Mayor James Beck wrote recently to residents of Hadley, at Highway 40 (Interstate 64) and Hanley Road.
Read related articles on Patch:
- Hadley Township Development Announcement Planned Monday
- Pace Properties to Set Up Hanley Road Office, Hopes to Open $125 Million Retail Space
- Menards and Pace Properties Chosen to Develop Hadley in Richmond Heights
- Costco and Menards Proposals Heard by Council
- Menards Cost-Benefit Analysis Planned in Richmond Heights
- Menards & Co.: Hardware Trio Illustrates Taxpayer Funding's Perks, Challenges