On July 2 the Maplewood planning and zoning commission gave preliminary approval to QuikTrip's request to move from its current spot on South Big Bend Boulevard to the intersection on Manchester Road and Big Bend.
QuikTrip wants to lease the corner currently occupied by Maplewood Scooter Company and Auto Plaza Service Center.
(Don't miss the latest developments. Get Patch delivered free in you inbox.)
QuikTrip is requesting that the property be rezoned into a Planned Unit Development.
The City of Maplewood anounced on Friday the Aug. 14 city council meeting will have time set aside to hear public comments about the move.
Following the comments, it is expected the council will have the first and second readings and votes on the issue.
Read more on Patch about the proposed QuikTrip move:
- QuikTrip Move Progresses Behind the Scenes (June 11)
- MRH School Board Protests QuikTrip Move (May 29)
- Maplewood Releases QuikTrip Status Statement (May 25)
- QuikTrip Lease is Signed for Move to Manchester and Big Bend (May 24)
- QuikTrip Move Opponents to Hand In Petitions at Planning and Zoning on Monday (May 4)
- Petitions For, Against QuikTrip Move Gain Signatures (April 27)
- MRH Opposition to QuikTrip Move Sparks Storm of Comments (March 30)
- QuikTrip Lease Signed for Move to Manchester and Big Bend (March 24)