5 Deer Creek Center Retailers Revealed
The project supervisor told Patch the names of the upcoming stores.
Deer Creek Center, in Maplewood, which suffered a downturn in past years, is set to reopen as a new development in spring and summer of 2013.
Project Superintendent Tim Sparkman, for Brinkmann Constructors, told Patch on Wednesday five of the new stores that will open.
Gordan Foods, a food industry supplier, is on the west end around the corner, facing west.
Sparkman said they've started the tenant finish on JoAnn Fabrics and Shoe Carnival, and will begin soon on Buy Buy Baby.
He would only commit to spring/summer 2013 for store openings.
Maplewood City Council approved the project in June, after the developer, Summit Development Group signed several anchors.
Read more on the Deer Creek Center on Patch.
- Deer Creek Center Redevelopment Plan Passes City Council, Construction to Begin Soon
- Deer Creek Storefronts to Be Refaced, Stores Redesigned
- Proposed Budget Anticipates Stronger Maplewood Economy
- Maplewood Mayor Confirms One of Four Deer Creek Anchors
- Deer Creek Center Plan Draws Scrutiny From St. Louis County