Sicily, Naples or Florence? Pasta dishes, pesce dishes or roasted meats? When you think Italian food, what's the first place you think of?
This week, we're interested in your favorite Mid-County spots for Italian food. Every week on the Mid-County Food Fight, we're looking the best places to dine and drink.
Please give your recommendations for places in our Mid-County Patches: Ladue-Frontenac, Clayton-Richmond Heights, University City, Webster Groves, Maplewood-Brentwood and Kirkwood.
We're making a little change to how we run Food Fight. Going forward, here's how we'll do it:
- Every other Monday, we'll ask a question about your favorites.
- We invite you to post your nominations in the comments below.
- We hope you'll also spread the word about this every week to your friends on Facebook or Twitter and get them involved.
- Submit comments until noon the following Friday.
- We'll take the top nominees and post an article the next Monday.
- That article will include a poll highlighting the top nominees.
- You vote till noon the following Friday.
- On Saturday, we announce the winner.
So where's your favorite spot for Italian food in Mid-County?
Show your hometown pride and pick a place near you. Boast about that small family restaurant or other great eatery in your neighborhood.
And, if you are pulling for a certain restaurant, share this column on your personal Facebook page and Twitter feed and ask your followers to vote.
This column is all about you—your ideas, your feedback and your voice—so we hope you will chime in and check back.