But now we know the bakery is planning to open at 2719 Sutton Boulevard at the corner of Marietta Avenue. Callahan gained preliminary approval from Maplewood City Council during a meeting on Tuesday night. The site was previously occupied by Archangels Books.
Callahan wasn't at the meeting.
When contacted previously, she wouldn't name an opening date, but the build-out started recently, and a public hearing is scheduled for Sept. 11. The store's hours are expected to be 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., according to her conditional use permit.
The store will have seating for about 12 diners. When contacted about the menu, Callahan would only say, "Stay tuned!"
Read more about Maplewood businesses on Patch:
See More on Patch
- Taste of Maplewood Vendor List and Music Schedule: It's Saturday
- Pie Oh My Serves Up Best Pie in St. Louis
- Coffee Crawl Highlighted Soon-to-Open and Existing Maplewood Businesses
- Traveling Tea is Moving to Maplewood: 80 Varieties, 90 Percent of Them Organic
- Fox 2 News Covers Maplewood From Saratoga to Schlafly