Get Out: Pumpkin Carvings, Boo at the Zoo
Patch rounds up the spookiest Halloween fun for this weekend.
Looking for something to do this weekend in and around University City? Look no further—Patch has you covered!
Friday, Oct. 26
- SPOOKtacular at Memorial Park & Mid-County YMCA — Join the Brentwood Parks & Recreation Department and the Mid-County YMCA for a Spooktacular night this fall! There will be indoor and outdoor activities to keep little goblins busy having spooktacular fun. There will be a costume contest. The event will be held from 6-8 p.m. Oct. 26 and the cost is $15 per family.
- Primate Picasso: From 6-9 p.m. at Craft Alliance (CA) in the Delmar Loop. At the 3rd Annual Primate Picasso, great ape produced masterpieces will be on display and for sale during this one-night only conservation event. 100% of the proceeds from the sales of the primate artwork will be used to benefit the conservation of the great apes at the Saint Louis Zoo and in the wild.
- Halloween Storytelling Concert: 8 p.m. at The Studio at the Regional Arts Commission. Tickets: are $8 in advance or $10 at the door. For information or tickets contact Jan at 314-968-4303 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, Oct. 27
- Goblin Tea at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis — Join The Ritz-Carlton at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 27 for a special "Goblin Tea," featuring spooktacular treats such as Sand "Witches," Deviled Egg Salad, Pallbearers PB&J, Hair Raising Ham & Cheese, Gruesome Green Tea Panna Cotta, Dark Chocolate Frankenstein Mousse Cup, Scared Stiff Strawberry Cake, Spider Cookies, Mummy Cupcakes, Assorted Seasonal Candy and Creepy Finger Cookies. The cost is $49. For reservations, please call (314) 719-1433.
- Star Clipper — The comic book store will have pumpkins and carving kits from noon-3 p.m.
- Pumpkin Carve & Glow at the Moonrise Hotel — Halloween is a’ coming! Exercise your pumpkin carving skills at the 4th Annual Great Pumpkin Carve & Glow on Saturday, Oct. 27. The Moonrise Hotel and Eclipse Restaurant invite people of all ages to join the free pumpkin carving festivities from 3-6:30 p.m. in the Moonrise Hotel courtyard at 6177 Delmar in The Loop. At 6 p.m., all pumpkins will be displayed for the official lighting and judging of pumpkins.
- Flynn Park Trunk or Treat: 6 p.m. at the school for Flynn Park families
- Boo at the Zoo — From 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 19-31 at the St. Louis Zoo. Come explore the Zoo after dark during the special Halloween evenings: Boo at the Zoo Nights! This non-scary, kid-friendly Halloween experience is filled with laughs and adventure. Children are encouraged to wear costumes. Children 12-and-under will receive a treat bag upon exiting.
- Farm Fun Fair — Admission to Stuckmeyer's Farm and Market Farm Fun Days, which runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each weekend, is free. The farm also features hayrides through the farm, pony rides, kid's barrel rides, farm animals and live music.
- Pick Your Own Pumpkin — It's time to harvest pumpkins for Halloween. Head out to Eckert's Farms in Belleville, Millstadt or Grafton, IL. For the most up-to-date pick-your-own crop information, check Eckert’s Harvest Hotline.