Highway Construction Limited Over Thanksgiving Weekend
The Missouri Department of Transportation reports on the St. Louis regional work zones for November 22-28.
The Missouri Department of Transportation reports that all construction work on state routes stopped at noon on Wednesday to open up roadways for Thanksgiving travel.
All permanent lane closures and barriers on some construction projects will remain closed this weekend. Crews may also complete emergency road repairs as needed during the holiday period as well. Work will resume Monday, Nov. 26 at 9 a.m.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-70, (westbound section of the Interstate 70 Blanchette bridge over the Missouri River) will remain closed fall 2013. The eastbound I-70 bridge will be used to carry three lanes of traffic in each direction.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the ramps from Forest Park Avenue and Pine Street to eastbound I-64 is closed around the clock through November.
- I-70, St. Louis City, the exit ramp from westbound I-70 to Madison is closed until mid-December.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge is closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-55, Jefferson County, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed until spring 2013.