An ice hockey player faces a criminal charge for hitting another player in the face with his hockey stick, shattering the man’s jaw Oct. 14 during a recreational game at the Brentwood Recreation Complex.
Kevin Stephens, 27, of the 15600 block of Parasol Drive in Chesterfield, was charged Thursday with second-degree assault.
Brentwood Police said Stephens swung his stick at the other player during a no-contact league hockey game. The incident happened outside of play, according to the police report.
The man’s jaw was broken in multiple places, and he now has 17 permanent screws in his jaw as a result of the assault, police said.
Stephens posted a $50,000 cash bond and was released Friday after being taken into custody Thursday.
For more crime information on Maplewood-Brentwood Patch, see the following articles:
See More on Patch
- Massage Therapy Student Inappropriately Touched Woman During Massage
- Home Depot Incident, ID Theft Are Among Top Police Stories in Maplewood, Brentwod
- Juvenile Charged as Adult in Hammer Beating, Robbery
- Police: Maplewood Man Threatens Woman's Life, Says He'd Shoot Her in Face
- Child Harassment, Mardi Gras Shooting Are Among Top Police Stories
Most Popular articles
- Taste of Maplewood Vendor List and Music Schedule: It's Saturday
- Brentwood Pitching Wins District Final over MRH
- Peeping Tom Exposed Himself, Maplewood Police Say
- Las Palmas Wins Best Taste of Maplewood, Kakao, Pie Oh My and Tiffany's Diner Winners Too
- Maplewood Council, School Board Agree on QuikTrip Changes