Performers, no more than half a dozen, were rehearsing on the Jumpin Jupiter stage Wednesday night. There was no audience. This could be seen from the window on the Sutton Boulevard side of the club around 11:30 p.m.
Technically they weren't supposed to be there, Maplewood City Clerk Karen Scheidt said Thursday morning. She said technically, because Jumpin Jupiter's business license was revoked for nonpayment of taxes on Tuesday, but the papers haven't been served yet.
Scheidt said she would tell the appropriate authorities in city hall about the sighting.
The Jumpin Jupiter Facebook page stated on Monday:
FINAL Performance of the "Absinthe Follies" Burlesque is this Friday and tickets have been going like mad! Don't miss your chance to see what has been called the best and most fun Burlesque show in Saint Louis!
The question of whether Jumpin Jupiter is planning a final performance, or if the past-due state taxes have been paid, couldn't be answered immediately, as messages left on two different phone voice mails haven't been returned.
Jim Callahan, on his own Facebook page, on Tuesday, confirmed the club is open:
Before the media blitz hits I would like to say, yes we are open. House band rehearsal was awesome. The opening for the x mas show is really pretty. And the reality tv show is developing nicely and yes we're open.
On Wednesday, Callahan posted a refererence to an attack, along with a shoutout to Maplewood-Brentwood Patch.
Big News!! The Jumpin Jupiter is being attacked by aliens who are using killer bees that look like Elvis, fresh out of rehab, to do the attack. It is said that the illuminati headed by Linsey Lohan and Britney Spears, who is having sex with Brad Pitt, who BTW, OMG is pissed (sad face here) at her for sleeping with Angela J. First. More about the Jumpin Jupiter and a pig that was born looking like Princes Diane reincarnate coming soon. Read it all in the Mapplewood patch.
The papers, as of Thursday morning, haven't been served to Callahan, so a final resolution isn't known yet.
Also in Patch:
- Has Jumpin' Jupiter's Business Plan Changed?
- Jumpin' Jupiter's Doors to Stay Open; Gets OK From the State, License from City
- Lola Van Ella Says Jumpin' Jupiter Paid "Most" of What Owed, No Mention of Libel
- Unpaid Taxes to Close Jumpin' Jupiter Doors on Friday, Would Lose Business License
- Jumpin' Jupiter Gets Eviction Notice, Agreement Reached: Will Stay
- Jumpin' Jupiter Owner Jim Callahan Said He'll Be Leaner and Meaner in the Future
- Jumpin' Jupiter's Sidewalk Advertising Offends, Owner Jim Callahan Responds