Lanes to be Closed Each Direction on I-70 Downtown on Thursday
The Missouri Department of Transportation reports on the St. Louis work zones for Nov. 29-Dec. 5.
Starting at 9 a.m. on Thursday, The Missouri Department of Transportation will close the express lanes and the left lane of Interstate 70 in each direction to place concrete on a portion of the new Missouri interchange, which connects the new Mississippi River Bridge to I-70 and Cass Avenue in downtown St. Louis. All lanes are scheduled to be reopened by 3 p.m. Thursday.
In Jefferson County, MoDOT will host a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Route 30 Safety Improvements that are completed to this date. MoDOT just recently opened the intersections at Dillon, Caroline and Delores, which completes a majority of the crossover work on this corridor.
The event will take place on Friday, November 30 at 10 a.m. outside the Hillsdale Presbyterian Church, located west of Scotsdale at 4848 Highway 30 in House Springs.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-70, (westbound section of the Interstate 70 Blanchette bridge over the Missouri River) will remain closed fall 2013. The eastbound I-70 bridge will be used to carry three lanes of traffic in each direction.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the ramps from Forest Park Avenue and Pine Street to eastbound I-64 is closed around the clock through November.
- I-70, St. Louis City, the exit ramp from westbound I-70 to Madison is closed until mid-December.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-55, Jefferson County, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed until spring 2013.