Welcome to your home for local November 2012 election news for Maplewood and Brentwood!
Patch will be visiting area polling places, talking to voters and checking to see if there's anything amiss at the polls. Here in Maplewood and Brentwood, editors will be meeting up with many of the candidates on the ballot to get their last-minute impressions of things.
But the most important part of this story is YOU. All day on Nov. 6, we want to know: What were lines like at your polling place? What number were you in line? What kind of activity was there outside? What was important in determining your vote? Does your family have a fun election day ritual, or a unique story of a first-time or long-time voter? Let me know: Doug.Miner@Patch.com
In the evening, we'll be at various campaign watch parties as the results come in and the reaction flows in. Up-to-the-minute numbers will automatically be updated in the chart above. Check back with Maplewood-Brentwood Patch for constant updates as they become available.
You'll have plenty of opportunities to comment on Patch stories. Tweet us a photo or thoughts @mbpatch or talk to us on Facebook/MaplewoodBrentwoodPatch. You can also follow us on Instagram, at mbpatch.
Preparing for Election Day
Registered voters need to present one type of identification from this list:
- ID issued by the federal government, state of Missouri or a local election authority. This could include a drivers' license or passport.
- ID issued by a Missouri public or private institution of higher education, including a university, college, vocational or technical school.
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government document that contains the name and address of the voter.
- Driver's license or state identification card issued by another state.
Even if you do not have one of these types of identification, you may still cast a ballot if two supervising election judges—one from each major political party—attest they know you.
On Election Day, the weather should be cool, much like the weather we've been experiencing all week. The high is 54 degrees, and the low is 38 degrees, according to Weatherbug.
Here's the forcast: Partly sunny early in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy in the late morning and early afternoon then becoming partly cloudy late in the afternoon. High in the mid 50s. Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming clear. Low in the mid 30s to lower 40s.
Live: Brentwood and Maplewood Voters Hit the Polls - Using social media, Patch will bring you live updates of the Nov. 6 election. Be sure to share your Election Day photos with us! What's it like at your polling place?
Did Facebook Change the Way You'll Vote? - Did Facebook help you decide how to vote? Or were the political status updates just noise in the background?
Whose Political Ad Are You Happy to See Disappear? - Studies show this has bene the most negative campaigning year ever.
St. Louis County Board of Elections Well Prepared for General Election - We'll be keeping an eye out for any reports of fraud.
Obama or Romney? Fitz’s Root Beer Gets Political - Did you buy Romney or Obama-themed root beer?
Who Has Donated to the Obama and Romney Campaigns? - Check out our interactive database.
Should St. Louis' Police Department Be Run Locally? - Proposition A is a Misouri-wide measure that only affects St. Louis City. Weird.
Yes on Raising Tobacco Taxes, as Prop B Asks? - This story about Proposition B got more than 160 comments!
We'll be monitoring national and statewide races—including the presidential election—in a seperate article. (Don't worry, we'll post it here ASAP.)
Here, Patch will focus on the races and issues directly affecting Mehlville and Oakville. For more, check out our Maplewood-Brentwood Patch Voters' Guide.
Links for the race stories will go live at 6 a.m. Tuesday. As polls close, each story (including this one in the table above) will be constantly updated to reflect the latest voting numbers.
St. Louis County Council
Missouri House of Representatives
There are four statewide ballot initiatives every Missourian will vote on. Find them here: Missouri Statewide Ballot Measures: What You Need To Know
Locally we'll focus on:
Proposition S - A tax increase for the Special School District
See More on Patch
- Absentee Election Results Are In For Proposition K For Brentwood Schools
- Election Results for QuikTrip Vote and Proposition K, Maplewood Mayor and Council Races
- Proposed Tax Increase in Brentwood Schools Draws Financial Support from Community
- What Businesses Would You Like to See Come to Maplewood?
- Election 2013: What's on the Ballot in Maplewood-Brentwood?
Most Popular articles
- Vandals Throw Pots of Plants and Furniture Into Brentwood Swim Club Pool
- Bridge From Maplewood to South City Almost Complete
- Why Has Ray's Donuts Been Closed The Last Few Days?
- Does MRH Need Bigger Schools Now? Superintendent Hall Talks Enrollment
- Las Palmas Wins Best Taste of Maplewood, Kakao, Pie Oh My and Tiffany's Diner Winners Too