Maplewood City Council to Hear Public Comments on QuikTrip
The city council will hear what the public has to say, then take the first vote on rezoning the NW corner of Manchester and Big Bend.
The Maplewood City Council, tonight at 7:30 at Maplewood City Hall, will listen to public comments on rezoning the northwest corner of Manchester Road and Big Bend Boulevard, which if passed, would allow QuikTrip to move there from its present location.
The rules for public comment state that anyone wanting to speak will need to fill out a public comment card and turn it in to the city clerk. Each speaker is limited to three minutes. A speaker can simply indicate support for a prior speaker's position instead of repeating a point.
The planning and zoning commission OK'd the move on July 3.
See Patch articles related to the potential QuikTrip relocation:
- Birthplace of the City of Maplewood, the intersection of Big Bend and Manchester
- Anti-QuikTrip Relocation Group Organizes for a Battle
- Date is Set for QuikTrip Public Hearing
- QuikTrip Move Opponent Creates Online Petition
- QuikTrip Gains Preliminary Approval Amid Residential Opposition
- QuikTrip Lease Signed for Move to Manchester and Big Bend
- MRH School Board Protests QuikTrip Move
The council will also vote on a request for a full liquor license for Tiffany's Original Diner. There will be a public session for this motion.
Also, the council will vote on a conditional permit for Pie Oh My! to operate on Sutton Boulevard.