Maplewood Mayor Confirms One of Four Deer Creek Anchors
He named one store by name and said what type two others are. The fourth is to be named next week by the developer.
After months of tabling, Maplewood City Council may finally pass the two ordinances that will make way for negotiations for the Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Redevelopment Plan, to help fund the Deer Creek Center redevelopment.
That's because the owner and developer of the property, the Summit Group, has signed three tenants out of the four larger vacancies. The city wouldn't go into negotiations until Summit had signed leases for the larger spaces.
At the concert at Ryan Hummert Memorial Park, Wednesday evening, Maplewood mayor James White said Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores is one of the stores signed for the larger spots. He said two others were a national brand shoe store chain and dress store. He didn't know their names. He said the fourth store would be announced next week.
The owner of Mystic Valley, Kristi Ponticello, said her lease expires in July, but she's moving in June. She said she heard that new construction on the development is starting in June.
Maplewood City Manager, Marty Corcoran also said on Wednesday, that he would be very surprised if the two ordinances didn't pass at the next city council meeting, which is June 12.
Read past Patch articles about the Deer Creek Center redevelopment:
- Deer Creek Development Getting Closer, May 17, 2012
- Deer Creek Center Funding Rejected by Commission, Jan. 27, 2012
- Deer Creek Center Plan Draws Scrutiny From St. Louis County, Jan. 20, 2012
- $27M Redevelopment Proposed at Deer Creek Center in Maplewood, Dec. 14, 2011
- MRH School Board Members to Advise on Deer Creek Redevelopment, Nov. 14, 2011
- Maplewood Residents Appointed to Advise on Deer Creek Redevelopment, Oct. 18, 2011
- Deer Creek Center Redevelopment Moves Ahead, Sept. 15, 2011
- Financing For Deer Creek Center on Tuesday’s City Council Agenda, Sept. 13, 2011
- Deer Creek Center Could See Redevelopment, With Some Help, July 13, 2011