The dates for filing to run for election on Maplewood City Council have already opened and closed. The period ran from Oct. 16 to Nov. 20.
The only candidates to file were four incumbents.
Three Maplewood councilmen and the mayor’s terms expire in April 2013. They are running unopposed for four-year terms.
- Ward 1 Councilman David Cerven
- Ward 2 Councilman Fred Wolf
- Ward 3 Councilman Shawn Faulkingham
- Mayor James White
The Maplewood filing period is earlier than Brentwood and many other cities across the state. That's because the city's charter has a provision that if more than two people file for a single office, then a primary election must be held in February, City Manager Marty Corcoran said.
Corcoran said the last time he could remember that Maplewood had a primary election was when Mayor Mark Langston ran in 2004.
On the Brentwood Board of Aldermen, no terms will expire in April 2013.
There won't be an election for aldermen because no terms expire this year. The next aldermanic race is set for April 2015.
Brentwood terms that expire in April 2015:
- Ward 1 Alderman Anthony Harper
- Ward 2 Alderman Lee Wynn
- Ward 3 Alderman Keith Robertson
- Ward 4 Alderman Tom Kramer
- Mayor Pat Kelly
Brentwood terms that expire in April 2016:
- Ward 1 Alderwoman Maureen Saunders
- Ward 2 Alderwoman Cindy Manestar
- Ward 3 Alderman Andy Leahy
- Ward 4 Alderman Patrick Toohey
Municipal elections in Maplewood and Brentwood are on April 2 in 2013.