Corey Smale and his partners, Tyler Fenwick and Sweet Will, are getting ready to offer Maplewood residents "classic" flavored donuts in addition to a few of their own "creations" at their new shop, Strange Donuts, on Sutton Avenue.
The shop is slated to open in May, Feast Magazine reports.
Smale recently launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise $10,000 toward the purchase of kitchen equipment, including a fryer and hood, oven, proofing box, donut cutter, mixer and glazing tables.
"We thought, 'How cool would it be to have the people who want these doughnuts help make them, literally,'" Smale told RFT's Gut Check.
With just over three weeks left to contribute, the Kickstarter has raised $6,519. Contribute to the Strange Donuts Kickstarter fund.
The business partners recently teamed with The Post to host a pog tournament and hand out samples of their future work in donut pop form. Attendees sampled Crunchberry, maple-bacon and chocolate peanut butter.
Find out more about Strange Donuts:
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Why Has Ray's Donuts Been Closed The Last Few Days?
- Las Palmas Wins Best Taste of Maplewood, Kakao, Pie Oh My and Tiffany's Diner Winners Too
- Taste of Maplewood Vendor List and Music Schedule: It's Saturday
- Men Smashed Window, Stole $1,045 in Cigarettes From Gas Station, Police Say
- 3 Fire Departments Visit MRH ECC for Smell of Smoke