Democrat, Scott Sifton represents the 96th District in the Missouri House of Representatives, which includes Lemay, and parts of south St. Louis County, He was elected to his first two-year term in November 2010.
Republican Jim Lembke is the incumbent running in the 1st District of the Missouri Senate. He was elected to the senate in 2008, and served in the Missouri House of Representatives from 2002 to 2008.
The 1st District Senate map includes parts of Democratic-leaning Maplewood, Rock Hill and Webster Groves, as well as the Republican-leaning south St. Louis County areas of Affton, Mehville and Oakville.
Endorsing Sifton, from his campaign website:
- National Education Association
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
- Service Employees International Union
- Communication Workers of America Local 6355
- United Auto Workers
- Missouri State Teachers Association
- Planned Parenthood
- NARAL Sierra Club
- St. Louis Post Dispatch
Endorsing Lembke, from votesmart.org:
- Missouri AFL-CIO
- Missouri Right to Life
- National Rifle Association
- National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund
For more, check out our Maplewood-Brentwood Voters' Guide.
See More on Patch
- Results for Arch/Park Tax, Prop P in St. Louis County, City
- Absentee Election Results Are In For Proposition K For Brentwood Schools
- Proposed Tax Increase in Brentwood Schools Draws Financial Support from Community
- Election 2013: What's on the Ballot in Maplewood-Brentwood?
- Registration Deadline Approaching for Voters in Maplewood, Brentwood
Most Popular articles
- Vandals Throw Pots of Plants and Furniture Into Brentwood Swim Club Pool
- Bridge From Maplewood to South City Almost Complete
- Why Has Ray's Donuts Been Closed The Last Few Days?
- Does MRH Need Bigger Schools Now? Superintendent Hall Talks Enrollment
- Las Palmas Wins Best Taste of Maplewood, Kakao, Pie Oh My and Tiffany's Diner Winners Too