MoDOT: Look Out, Slow Down for Crews Reparing Potholes
The Missouri Department of Transportation reports on the St. Louis work zones for March 21-27.
It’s the season of pothole repairing and striping work for MoDOT crews and their multiple “moving” work zones. The work requires frequent short-term stops or reduced speed on busy interstates and roadways.
Motorists should be on the lookout for trucks and give them plenty of room to work. When motorists see orange signs, they are there for a reason - Slow down and be alert. Don’t Barrel Through Work Zones.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Vandeventer ramp to westbound I-64 is closed until late 2013.
- I-64, St. Louis City, drivers in both directions will have three shifted, 10-foot lanes between Kingshighway and Vandeventer until November 2013. The rightmost lane of eastbound I-64 will exit at Hampton.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until April 2013. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-70, (westbound section of the Interstate 70 Blanchette bridge over the Missouri River) will remain closed until fall 2013. The eastbound I-70 bridge has three lanes of traffic in each direction. The ramp from northbound 5th Street to eastbound I-70 is closed until fall 2013.
- I-70, St. Charles County, Loop ramps from Mid Rivers Mall Drive to eastbound and westbound I-70 remain closed for construction of ramp for Diverging Diamond Interchange at this location.
- Route 370, St. Charles County, westbound lane 3 (outside lane) remains closed from eastbound I-70 off-ramp to the Mid Rivers Mall Drive exit.