They made silly faces, but MRH senior, Mariah Medina, said it’s important.
“I wanted to take a picture with them because we’re coming together for breast cancer,” she said. “Even though we’re rival teams, it’s awesome to have a picture together and really show support for breast cancer.”
Spectators were charged to enter the game, with proceeds going to breast cancer research.
Brentwood senior, Nora Durham, said they like to play up the rivalry, but they can get together together for a good cause.
“It’s a fun time,” she said. “I’m excited to play tonight, and it’s always a fun game because everyone is more passionate in a rivalry game.”
MRH won the match in three games. Brentwood took the first game 25-14. MRH came back and won the second and third games, 25-13 and 25-21.
Brentwood, now 4-12 on the season, plays at Principia (4-10) on Thursday.
MRH, now 13-9, plays at Crossroads ((10-5) on Thursday.
Also in Patch:
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Why Has Ray's Donuts Been Closed The Last Few Days?
- Las Palmas Wins Best Taste of Maplewood, Kakao, Pie Oh My and Tiffany's Diner Winners Too
- Taste of Maplewood Vendor List and Music Schedule: It's Saturday
- Brentwood Pitching Wins District Final over MRH
- Peeping Tom Exposed Himself, Maplewood Police Say