The plaques were pried off the plaques early in the morning of Aug. 2.
On Aug. 8, Maplewood detectives arrested a 63-year-old St. Louis man in connection with the suspected theft. This case will be forwarded to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. The man's name has not been released.
Maplewood Police officer Matt Nighbor said detectives called area scrap yards, who looked through their inventories. The plaques were found by a scrap yard in St. Louis city.
Update: MRH Director of Communications Brian Adkisson said he doesn't know when the plaques were cut up. He gave his thanks to the Maplewood Police Department for finding a suspect. He said MRH will be looking into options to replace the plaques.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Why Has Ray's Donuts Been Closed The Last Few Days?
- Vandals Throw Pots of Plants and Furniture Into Brentwood Swim Club Pool
- Las Palmas Wins Best Taste of Maplewood, Kakao, Pie Oh My and Tiffany's Diner Winners Too
- Does MRH Need Bigger Schools Now? Superintendent Hall Talks Enrollment
- Taste of Maplewood Vendor List and Music Schedule: It's Saturday