Pace Properties will not continue to pursue its $125 million retail development just south of The Heights community center, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Saturday. The Menards project just north of Maplewood Commons still is moving forward.
Quoting from the Post-Dispatch:
"Rick Randall, Pace Properties Inc. senior vice president, said the company would not try to use eminent domain to force the reluctant property owners to sell."
Read reaction from city officials and hear more from the developer about the challenges posed in Hadley in the complete Post-Dispatch article.
More about Hadley Township development on Patch:
- Pace Properties: Commercial Contracts in Works for Hadley
- Hadley Township: Pace Properties to Update City on Buyout Talks
- Hadley Casts Shadow on Eminent Domain, Blogger Says
- Menards Gives Hadley Update in Richmond Heights
- Hadley Meeting: Residents Express Concern, Worry, Frustration
- Pace Properties and Menards Get Extensions for Hadley Work