An ordinance establishing the planned unit development (PUD) for a new QuikTrip location in Maplewood was signed, as amended, on Thursday.
It passed city council, but there may be a citizen organization to gather signatures to force a referendum vote.
The as-amended and passed ordinance was signed on Thursday.
Some specifics in the ordinance:
- There will be 16 pumps, able to be in operation 24 hours a day
- QuikTrip must replace and resurface Martini Drive
- QuikTrip must replace the sidewalk on the west side of Martini Drive
- Concrete or metal bollards must divide the sidewalk from Martini Drive
- A fence at the north end of Martini Drive will prevent any northbound or southbound traffic to or from Maplewood Richmond Heights schools
- QuikTrip will purchase 2547 Big Bend Boulevard to construct a street connecting Big Bend Boulevard and Martini Drive
- A crossing guard will be paid for by QuikTrip
See the complete ordinance in the included PDF file.
Also in Patch:
- Maplewood Council: QuikTrip, Sandwich Shop, up for Final Votes
- Maplewood Council Discusses Martini Traffic in QuikTrip Bill, No Final Vote Taken
- QuikTrip Vote Tabled Again, Yale Avenue Work May or May Not Happen This Fall
- Maplewood QuikTrip Vote Tabled Before Final Vote
- QuikTrip Bill Gets Yes Votes in Second Reading, Could Pass at Next Meeting