Police: Shoplifting, Fighting, Cursing at the Galleria
Also, there was an attempted air conditioner theft in the 1700 block of Big Bend Boulevard.
Monday, Dec. 24
- When an alarm sounded at Applebee’s officers discovered a concrete block was thrown through a window. Investigation revealed that entry was not gained into the restaurant.
Wednesday, Dec. 26
- The owner of the Bruntrager and Billings building, in the 1700 block of Big Bend Boulevard, reported that someone had cut the copper wires to the building’s air conditioner unit in an attempt to steal them.
- Two students from the same high school randomly met at the Galleria food court and got into a fight. Both were arrested. One was held on a municipal warrant application, the other (a juvenile) was later released to a parent.
- Someone previously banned at Schnuck's returned to the store. They were arrested for trespassing and held on a municipal warrant application.
- Someone was denied a return transaction from True Religion and began cursing loudly and alarming Galleria mall patrons. They were arrested for disorderly conduct and held on a municipal warrant application.
Thursday, Dec. 27
- A Best Buy employee placed her personal cell phone on a publicly accessible counter and discovered it missing an hour later.
Friday, Dec. 28
- A patron at The Heights reported he left his laptop computer in his unlocked vehicle, and when he returned the computer was gone.
Sunday, Dec. 30
- An officer stopped behind a vehicle at a red light at the Interstate 64 ramp at Bellevue saw that the vehicle didn't move when the light changed to green. The officer checked on the driver, who appeared to be asleep. The driver was arrested for suspicion of DWI and held pending a municipal warrant application.
- Officers went to Macy’s where security had detained someone for suspicion of stealing $117 in merchandise. The subject was arrested and later released on a municipal court summons.
Monday, Dec. 31
- A known shoplifter, who had been previously banned, was detained by Galleria security. The subject was arrested and held on a municipal warrant application.
- License plates were reported stolen from a vehicle while it was parked on the Galleria lot.
- An officer stopped a vehicle in the 1100 block of Brentwood Boulevard for having no visible license plate. The driver’s license was also revoked. The driver was issued summonses and released at the scene.