Since Monarch closed in March 2012, acclaimed St. Louis chef Josh Galliano hasn't had a place to call his own.
It's been announced, in STLtoday, that Galliano and husband-and-wife restaurateurs Nick and Audra Luedde will open the Libertine, in Clayton.
They're calling the concept a "re-imagined neighborhood eatery," with small and large plates ranging from $6 to $22, backed by a wine, cocktail and craft beer program.
Lease details are being finalized, but St. Louis Magazine's George Mahe reports the Libertine will be located at 7927 Forsyth Boulevard in Clayton, a space vacated last year by Chez Leon. Once open, Libertine will serve dinner daily, with lunch service coming later.
The article states that Nick Luedde, 36, graduated from Kirkwood High in 1995.
Read the complete article in STLtoday.
Also in Patch:
- Monarch's Galliano Wins Food & Wine Magazine's Best New Chef
- Monarch Reopening as Party Venue
- Monarch Restaurant to Close Soon in Maplewood
- As Monarch Restaurant Gets Ready to Close its Doors, Staff and Community Members Reflect
- Vote Maplewood Chefs for Best in Midwest
- Chez Leon Has Closed in Clayton