Shane Company Has Left Brentwood
The jeweler to the St. Louis Cardinals has left for Olivette. The company's Brentwood location is to be demolished.
In the space of 22 hours, the Shane Co. Jewelry Store shuttered its location in Brentwood of 16 years and quietly opened up at its newest location, the old Flotken’s Super Market building on Olive Street in Olivette.
And with that and its expansive 14,000 square feet of brightly lit space, it became the focal point of the 20-store, 13-state enterprise and the largest regional center in the group.
In an October 2012 Maplewood-Brentwood Patch article, Brentwood Mayor Pat Kelly said the company didn't give the city notice, but he wasn't surprised because the city had been working with the owner of the Promenade about an expansion which eventually meant the demolition of the Shane Co. building.
Rordan Shane, of the Shane Co., said he'd heard about expansion plans, and the company could have worked around it, but decided to move.
The Brentwood Board of Aldermen have had the first reading and vote on the ordinance to approve the 10,000 square foot expansion of the Promenade.
See related, in Patch:
- With Minimal Fanfare, Shane Co. Jewelry Store Opens Up to the Public in Olivette
- Proposed Promenade Redevelopment Requires Shane Co. Demolition
- Brentwood Shane Co. to Move to Olivette, Promenade Expansion in the Works
- Jeweler to the St. Louis Cardinals Talks Baseball
- Shane Co. Remodel Well Underway at Former Flotkens
- Parking at Promenade, Whole Foods, Schucks and Others Measured, Compared