Are you or anyone you know suffering with the flu or a cold? Sickness is running rampant right now and I thought I’d give some product suggestions from an herbalist that can help to combat the symptoms.
Typically we are told that a cold or the flu has to run its course. Here are some options, from Cathy Burkemper at Herbs & More, that help reduce the severity and duration of the symptoms and reduce your chances of contracting these viruses again:
• Immuno-Shield—delivers a diverse group of select ingredients to support your body’s natural immune system
• Supreme Immune Booster –made from pure mushroom extract (one of the most potent natural medicines on the planet) to regulate the immune system
• Sambucus—made from the black elderberry. Elderberries may help reduce swelling, fight inflammation, and boost the immune system. Studies have found that elderberry eases flu symptoms like fever, headache, sore throat, fatigue, cough, and body ache
• Umcka—a geranium plant native to South Africa useful in the treatment of respiratory problems
• Oil of Oregano—a natural antibiotic from the leaves and flowers of the wild oregano plant that can be used for reducing fever, combating diarrhea, and is a natural antihistamine
• Olive Leaf Extract– Olive leaf either kills, or resists the multiplication of a broad range of viruses, bacteria, yeasts, fungi, and other parasites in your system
Consult your local herbalist for more details about ingredients of these products and for more options. In addition to your local herbalist shop, these products can also be found at health stores and Whole Foods.
And, of course, continue to drink plenty of water, eat colorful veggies, and get plenty of rest!
Like what you've read here? Read more at http://simply-healthy.com!