Euro 2012: All you need to know
- The Euro, (held every 4 years) determines the best European National Soccer Team.
- Euro 2012 started on June 8 with 4 Groups of 4 teams.
- From each Group, the top two teams advance to the “knockout” stage.
- Groups A, B, and C have been decided. Group D will be decided 6/19/12.
(photo of Tournament Bracket above. Tomorrow I will post the completed bracket)
- That’s it! Take a look at Tomorrow's Final Bracket of 8 teams and you're "up to speed".
What does the winning nation get?
The winner gets the Henri Delaunay Trophy (see picture at top of article), for the next four years. It is named in honour of Henri Delaunay, who came up with the idea of a European championship.
Currently, SPAIN owns the trophy, from their 2-1 victory against Germany in Euro 2008. Will they keep it? Many think so....
All questions, sharing welcome :)