The commuter trains that once connected Maplewood with downtown St. Louis stopped running decades ago. Except for the stone staircase at Marshall and Arbor, one would never know that any of the four buildings that once served as Maplewood’s depots ever existed. There were two more just beyond our borders to the east and west. They’re gone as well.
Much of the information and the drawing accompanying this post can be found in Issue 30 of The Terminal Railroad Ass'n History and Technical Society, Summer 1994. The 1919 MoPac map is courtesy of the Museum of Transportation. The 1909 map of Maplewood is courtesy of Mary Lou Anderson.