St. LOUIS, Missouri… Starkloff Disability Institute (SDI), a non-profit organization that helps people with disabilities participate fully and equally in all aspects of society, hosts top industry human resource executives for SDI’s Work Ability Summit on Thursday June 26, 2014, to discuss key issues and solutions for welcoming people with disabilities into the professional workforce.
The Work Ability Summit offers insights to employers seeking answers to new government requirements that took effect in March, 2014, requiring businesses working with the federal government to set goals to employ people with disabilities at a rate of seven percent, a mandate that is impacting personnel departments and workplaces nationwide.
“Hiring managers and human resource executives at companies in every industry sector will benefit from this insightful and informative panel discussion,” says David Newburger, Co-Director of SDI and Commissioner on the Disabled for the City of St. Louis.
SDI’s Work Ability Summit will discuss:
• New federal rules requiring contractors to hire people with disabilities
• Best practices in interviewing, hiring, and promoting people with disabilities
• Local resources for continued support in welcoming people with disabilities
• The talent pool of professionals with disabilities in St. Louis
Panelists will include:
* Steve Degnan, Chief Human Resources Officer of North America, Nestle Purina
* Mike Josias, VP, Talent Systems & Programs, Centene
* Con McGrath, JD, Executive Vice President Human Resources, Ansira
* Susan Stith, Senior Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Express Scripts
SDI’s Work Ability Summit occurs at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel, 7730 Bonhomme Avenue, St. Louis, MO, 63105. It will begin with continental breakfast and networking session at 7:30 a.m. followed by the experts’ panel discussion ending at 9:00 a.m.
Registration is $30 for members of the Human Resource Management Association or $45 for non-members.
For information or to register call 314-588-7090, email Lori A. Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org or see the website http://www.starkloff.org.
The Work Ability Summit is sponsored by Nestle Purina, Express Scripts, Centene, and Ansira.
The Starkloff Disability Institute (SDI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2003 by Max & Colleen Starkloff and David Newburger. The Starkloff Disability Institute works to change societal attitudes and perceptions about people with disabilities through activities that send a positive message about living with disability in order to create a world that welcomes people with disabilities.
Visit the website http://www.starkloff.org