Are you the proud parent of a new child? Know of a local student who's done something great? Or maybe you have some other exciting news to announce to the thousands of Maplewood-Brentwood Patch users who log on each month.
And after you share your own news, please take a look at some of the community events and announcements posted below:
- It's finally fish fry season! Immaculate Conception Catholic Church and St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church have both posted fliers in Patch's events calendar with details about their respective fish frys.
- On Friday or Saturday, See Brighton Beach Memoirs, a comedy performed by students at Brentwood High School. "This comedy takes place in 1937 and centers around the joy, pain, frustrations of Eugene Jerome, a 15-year-old boy coming to terms with his family, his drive to play baseball and his serious crush on his cousin, Nora," notes director Anita Lippman in the event posting. The performance is set to begin at 7 p.m. on both nights.
- "It's time to play like a kid but party like an adult!" — Join other adults at 7 p.m. on Saturday at the Gallery Motor Company for Recess, an event where adults can enjoy inflatable games and good food. Money raised will benefit the Good Shepherd Children and Family Services.
- Feeling smart? The Maplewood Community Betterment Foundation is holding its annual trivia night at Sunnen Products Company at 7 p.m. on Saturday. Proceeds will benefit the foundation and the Ryan Hummert Memorial Fund. More details are available in Patch's events calendar.
- Are you a pro at keeping house plants alive? No? Me neither, which is why the most recent Local Voices post from Garden Heights Nursery was so useful: Tropical Plant Care 101: Anyone Can Have a Green Thumb
- If you're looking ahead to summer, you might consider registering for sand volleyball and softball leagues through the Brentwood Parks and Recreation Department. Find all the details in the department's most recent Local Voices post.