There's not much that can keep you warm and happy as temperature drops besides festive food and drink. Whether it's hot chocolate or a seasonal cocktail, toasted pumpkin seeds or caramel corn, there's a fair amount to enjoy this fall.
This week's Patch Picks brings you opportunities to try said seasonal food and drink selections from both Maplewood and Brentwood to keep you warm and happy.
Patch Picks: Five Autumn Treats to Enjoy
- On Friday, Oct. 7, the City of Maplewood will be hosting the Maplewood Arts and Eats Walk. From 6-9 p.m., you can taste autumn treats, such as Maple-Bacon Caramel Corn from .
- During the recent Art Outside event at Schlafly Bottleworks, was turning out delicious hot chocolate concoctions at its Maplewood location. As the weather gets colder, Kakao is sure to make more, plus going into an inviting chocolate and candy store like Kakao should warm you up anyway.
- Enjoy basil for a bit longer with a Basil-Berry signature cocktail from in Brentwood. The concoction includes gin and muddled strawberry, along with basil and soda.
- Head to the Maplewood Farmers Market for all things apple before the fall season ends. What to do with all those apples? Make some cider or candy them (always a crowd pleaser). The market runs from 4-7 p.m. on Wednesdays in the Schlafly Bottleworks parking lot.
- Try braising a piece of meat in some beer. Check out fall beer selections at or . Beer adds a robust flavor to the dish - and you can pair the same beer you used in the cooking process with the dish itself. Check out this recipe for beer-braised chicken from the Food Network.