Come to the 11th annual Christmas Tree Walk in downtown Maplewood Friday, Dec. 7 to kick off the holiday season.
It's sponsored by the Maplewood Chamber of Commerce.
The fun begins with the Christmas Tree lighting and Santa's arrival at Citizens National Bank Park, at the corner of Manchester Road and Marshall Avenue at 6 p.m.
Free carriage rides will take off from Citizens National Bank, 7305 Manchester Road. Enjoy hot chocolate as you shop.
Parking is free in the Marietta Parking Lot, south of the 7300 block of Manchester Road.
Program of events:
6 p.m., Citizens National Bank Park
- Grand Lighting of the Christmas Tree
- Arrival of Santa Claus
- Merchant Window Decorating Contest winners announced
6:30 - 9 p.m., around Downtown Maplewood
- Santa visits and photos and free carriage rides (7305 Manchester) and Merchant Open Houses throughout Maplewood
From the Maplewood Chamber of Commerce, these Maplewood merchants are participating:
- Airedale Antics (7316 Manchester Ave.) Open House refreshments for pets and their humans
- Boogaloo (7344 Manchester Ave.) Christmas Sangria and Holiday Drinks
- Citizens National Bank (7305 Manchester Ave.) Train Display, hot chocolate, visit with Santa and picture with Santa Claus and live music by the rebounds
- Concordia Lutheran Church (7291 Sarah Ave.) Carols, craft & free snacks
- Encore Baking Co. (2730 Sutton Blvd.) Free samples
- Foundation Grounds (7298 Manchester Ave.) Live Music
- Gisele’s (7318 Manchester Rd.) Special pricing, jewelry designer, beverages
- Kakao Chocolate (7272 Manchester Ave.) Handmade chocolate samples and specials on hot chocolate.
- Maplewood-Brentwood Patch.com (7305 Manchester Ave., in Citizens National Bank) Complimentary shopping bags and kids activity
- Maven (7290 Manchester Ave.) 10% candles & bath & body works.
- Maya Café (2726 Sutton Blvd.) Special seasonal drinks and appetizers.
- Paramount Jewelers (7348 Manchester Ave.) Open house, light appetizers & refreshments
- Penzeys Spices Co. (7338 Manchester Ave.) Free jar of spice
- Pie Oh My (2719 Sutton Blvd.) Peppermint Chocolate mini pies, Chocolate pecan bourbon mini pies.
- Rich’s Hair Salon (7400 Manchester Ave.)
- S. Carmody Photography (2707 Sutton Blvd.) Open house art print & jewelry sale up to 50% off
- St. Louis Salt Room (2739 Sutton Blvd.) Open house
- Stone Spiral Coffee & Curios (2500 Sutton Blvd.) Music: Acoustic Lab Project Drink: Hot Apple Cider
- The Post Sports Bar & Grill (7372 Manchester Ave.)
- The Wood (2733 Sutton Blvd.) Festive Cocktails, food specials
- Tigerlily Monograms & Gifts (7328 Manchester Ave.)
- Vom Fass (7314 Manchester Ave.) Cookies, adult apple cider, and wine tasting
- Water Street (7268 Manchester Ave.) Dinner Specials & late night happy hour
- The Crow’s Nest (7336 Manchester Ave.) Holiday drink specials Christmas in December & hot cider.
- Hermann London Real Estate Group (7350 Manchester Rd.) Free cookies & refreshments.
- Roots (3104 Sutton Blvd.) 20%off one item, light refreshments & wine
These are additional holiday-related events and announcements users have posted on Maplewood-Brentwood Patch.
- Christmas Carol in Brentwood
- Holiday Magic Train Concerts Are Back This Year
- Find Your Inner Santa Art & Gift Show
- Longest Night Service - Maplewood United Methodist Church
- New Year's Eve & New Year's Day Ice Skating
- Christmas Eve Ice Skating Session
- Clarion Brass Sleigh Ride ~ Part Two
- Michael Mette in concert
- Lessons and Carols
- Shining Light Tree Lot
- Schlafly Winter Market & Holiday Fair
- The Perfect Gift List