Thanksgiving is one of the busiest travel times for U.S. airports, according to AAA.
Lambert- St. Louis International Airport (Lambert) is no exception. In fact, Lambert expects to see a 10 to 15 percent daily increase in passengers each day through the holiday.
What will be the busiest day at the airport? Nov. 25, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Sundays are typically the busiest travel day of the week.
Lambert, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the airlines have offered these travel tips to help make traveling easier during this busy time:
• Arrive 90 minutes to 2 hours ahead of a scheduled flight.
• Liquids must be in 3.4 ounce containers or less; put in quart size, clear, plastic zip-top bag.
• TSA Pre✓ is available with American Airlines.
• Do NOT wrap holiday gifts.
• Remember to retrieve all items from the checkpoint after you pass through the security scanners.
• If picking up a passenger from Lambert Airport use one of the free cell phone lots instead of the parking garages.
• For more information on prohibitive items, traveling with children, food and gifts, go to tsa.gov.