People in America love the Cinco de Mayo holiday. And why wouldn't they? It's the perfect excuse to throw a pre-weekend party (it falls on a Thursday this year) with delicious food and drink, plus lively music and colorful decorations.
This week, Patch brings you Cinco de Mayo party ideas for your house or out on the town, along with all the places you need to get your party necessities.
Patch Picks: Ole! Five Cinco de Mayo Party Ideas
- Make some Mole — The dish has delicious, hearty flavor combinations including tomatoes and bitter chocolate. Pick up all the ingredients you need at . A great recipe for mole chicken is available online.
- — Don't feel like cooking? Immerse yourself with Mexican (and other Latin American) culture at the Maplewood restaurant. Munch on Cerdo (pork) en Chile Verde or Mayan fries, with Chihuahua cheese, refried beans and corn.
- Las Palmas — The restaurant will feature music by Rio Dio from 6-9 p.m., and DJ MK from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. It will also serve up drink specials and giveaways.
- Stock up on unique supplies — sells sets of maracas so you can make music a la casa, along with margarita glasses and Mexican Pumpkin Tealight Candles to set the mood.
- Stock up on other party favors — sells all the brightly colored party streamers you could need to decorate your abode.