The St. Patrick's Day Parade in downtown St. Louis was only the beginning of regional festivities. The day itself approaches on Thursday, so it's time to prepare. Gather your friends and surround yourself with clovers, beer and luck of the Irish with this week's picks.
Patch Picks: Six Best Places to Spend St. Patrick's Day
- — Head a few blocks east of Maplewood and watch the annual parade sponsored by the Ancient Order of Hibernians.
- — Stop by the cottage to pick up a St. Patrick's Day sweatshirt that owner Maura Lawlor says "makes people proud to be Irish and from St. Louis."
- — Need a kilt or other Irish goodies? Stop on by.
- — Ok, so they might not have authentic Irish music, but you can still sip on $2 domestic bottles and $1 domestic drafts and croon with your friends.
- — This Maplewood pub will be serving up traditional Irish fare like corned beef and cabbage this Thursday.
- — The Irish prefer to watch European soccer and rugby on St. Patrick's Day, but since Americans prefer other sports, you can watch your favorite teams play at this Irish sports bar.