The following information was supplied by the Maplewood Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Monday, August 26
- A burglary of cash was reported at a business in the Sunnen Complex.
- A 41-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting merchandise from a Maplewood Commons business.
- Police responded to the 7200 block of Anna Avenue for a reported disturbance. An investigation revealed a man and woman had been arguing over relationship matters. No arrests were made and the female subject voluntarily left the premises.
Tuesday, August 27
- A vehicle was broken into in the 7500 block of Manchester. The unknown suspect(s) pried open a door handle and stole a car stereo.
- A 18-year-old man was arrested in reference to a motor vehicle theft investigation that occurred in March 2013 in the 7200 block of Lanham Avenue. The case has been referred to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office in consideration of charges.
- Police are investigating a theft of approximately $1,265 in merchandise at a Maplewood Commons business. A subject has been identified and police are attempting to locate him.
Wednesday, August 28
- Police responded to the 7200 block of Sarah Avenue in reference to a suspicious person call. Police made contact with two subjects. A records check on a 20-year-old subject revealed he had multiple active felony warrants. He was also found to be in possession of suspected heroin when he was taken into custody for the active warrants.
- A 24-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting merchandise from a Maplewood Commons business.
- A 41-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman were arrested in the 7300 block of Maple Avenue for allegedly assaulting one another.