The following information was supplied by the Maplewood Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Thursday, September 19
- A leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident occurred at the intersection of S. Hanley and Manchester roads. The reporting party advised upon making a turn at the above location another vehicle violated the electric signal and struck the reporting party’s vehicle. The striking vehicle continued south on S. Hanley failing to stop for the accident. There were no injuries reported. Police have several strong leads regarding the striking vehicle and are attempting to locate it.
- Police went to the 7800 block of Cutlass Walk for to a domestic disturbance call. Police spoke with a man and woman on the scene who said they were arguing. No arrests were made and one of the involved parties voluntarily left the residence.
Friday, September 20
- A 32-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of fraudulently using a credit card at a business in the 7300 block of Manchester Road. The $194 fraud occurred on Sept. 18.
- A patrol officer stopped a vehicle in the 7500 block of Comfort for a traffic violation. The officer discovered the 23-year-old male driver was driving on a suspended license. He also had several active warrants for his arrest through another jurisdiction. The driver was additionally charged with a drug violation which was located in the vehicle the driver was operating.
Saturday, September 21
- Police responded to the 7200 block of a Southwest Avenue for a reported disturbance. An investigation revealed that a 19-year-old man and a 19-year-old woman were arguing, which escalated into a physical confrontation. Both parties were arrested on assault charges. The female subject was additionally charged with possession of marijuana.
Sunday, September 22
- A 39-year-old man was arrested on tampering and theft charges at a Maplewood Commons business. Police originally responded to the above location for a shoplifter in custody. Police discovered that the 39-year-old man arrived in a stolen vehicle that was reported by another jurisdiction. Charges are pending.