The following information was supplied by the Maplewood Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Monday, August 19
- A 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting merchandise from a Maplewood Commons business.
- A 40-year-old man and a 30-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of shoplifting merchandise from a business in the 7300 block of Manchester. The woman was additionally charged with possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia which was discovered on her person at the time of the arrest.
Tuesday, August 20
- An officer observed two men involved in a physical altercation in the 7300 block of Manchester Road. The officer made contact with the subjects and discovered they were intoxicated. Both were arrested on affray charges.
- A 19-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of stealing at a Maplewood Commons business. She allegedly stole money from a customer’s purse who was shopping at the business at the time. The money was recovered on the suspect and returned to the victim.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 7700 block of Folk Avenue. The unknown suspect(s) forced entry into the residence and stole miscellaneous items.
Wednesday, August 21
- A leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident was reported in the parking lot of a Maplewood Commons business. A red pickup truck backed into a scooter which caused damage when it fell over. The driver of the pickup truck subsequently left the scene when confronted by a witness about the accident.