The following information was supplied by the Maplewood Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Monday, Jan. 28
- A theft from a vehicle was reported on Jan. 28 in the 2600 block of Hanley. The reporting party advised that suspect(s) unknown broke into her vehicle between 6:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Jan. 25.
- A 26 year old female was arrested for shoplifting merchandise from a Maplewood Commons business.
Tuesday, Jan. 29
- A 52 year old male subject was arrested for shoplifting merchandise from a Maplewood Commons business. The male subject was also wanted by seven different agencies, including the Maplewood Police Department, for failure to appear warrants.
Wednesday, Jan. 30
- A 51-year-old male subject was arrested at his residence in the 7300 block of Myrtle on a felony failure to appear warrant through St. Louis County.
- A 26 year old male subject was arrested in the 3600 block of Commonwealth for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend. In addition to the Domestic Assault charge, the male suspect was also charged with multiple other offenses including a drug violation. A computer inquiry further revealed that the male suspect was wanted by multiple jurisdictions on failure to appear warrants.
Thursday, Jan. 31
- Two antique iron cast sculptures were reported stolen from the yard of a residence in the 3500 block of Greenwood between 12 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- A vehicle was broken into on 1-31-13 in the 2300 block of Maplewood Commons Drive. The vehicle owner heard his alarm sounding at approximately 4 p.m. and upon checking his vehicle noticed his door standing open. The victim discovered his cellular phone and tennis shoes had been stolen from within the vehicle.
- A 49-year-old male was arrested on the charge of possession of a controlled substance. Officers had received a call of a disturbance just prior involving the above male subject and located him circumventing the electric signal at an intersection in the area of Big Bend and Manchester. Further investigation revealed the subject to be in possession of a controlled substance.
- A 25-year-old male subject was arrested for shoplifting merchandise from a Maplewood Commons business. A records check also revealed the male subject to be wanted by this agency on a failure to appear warrant.
Friday, Feb. 1
- Police are investigating a series of bad checks written to a business located in the 7300 block of Manchester. The fraud was reported on Feb. 1 with the incidents occurring in June and August 2012.
- A property damage to a vehicle was reported. The reporting party advised that sometime between Jan. 22 and Feb. unknown suspect(s) had damaged her vehicle by means of a key.
- A 1993 Buick was reported stolen from the parking lot of a Maplewood Commons business.
- A 24-year-old male was arrested on the charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia stemming from a traffic stop conducted in the area of Manchester Road and Yale Avenue.
Saturday, Feb. 2
- A 19 year old female was arrested for shoplifting approximately $185 in merchandise from a Maplewood Commons business.