The Richmond Heights Police Department reported these incidents on its website.
Tuesday, Jan. 1
- A driver slumped behind the wheel at the intersection of Clayton and Hanley roads was arrested on suspicion of DWI. The driver was later released on summonses.
- A suspect held by security for stealing $18 in merchandise at the Icing store, at the Galleria, was arrested and later released on a summons.
- At Dillard’s, a suspect held for stealing $250 in merchandise was arrested. Investigation revealed two prior stealing convictions.
- An officer patrolling the Esquire lot in a police vehicle equipped with a license plate recognition system was alerted that a parked vehicle was stolen. Officers waited until a subject returned to it. They were arrested and the vehicle recovered.
Wednesday, Jan. 2
- A woman reported someone stole her purse and was running towards the Richmond Heights MetroLink. Officers located the subject and the victim’s purse. The subject, a juvenile, was taken to juvenile detention.
Thursday, Jan. 3
- A cell phone was reported stolen from the bleachers near the basketball court at The Heights.
- The front door windows of a vehicle parked in the Boulevard parking garage were reported broken.
- The passenger window of a vehicle parked in the Boulevard parking garage was reported broken and a laptop computer stolen.
Friday, Jan. 4
- An Applebee’s employee reported that someone broke into his vehicle parked behind Applebee’s and stole a high-end digital camera.
- A vehicle parked behind Applebee’s was reported broken into and a wallet and credit cards were stolen.