The Maplewood City Council will vote a second time on Tuesday on allowing QuikTrip to relocate to the northwest corner of Manchester Road and Big Bend Boulevard. The meeting is at 7:30 p.m. at Maplewood City Hall.
The to move its Maplewood store from the current location, but a group opposed to the moved gathered the needed 1,038 resident signatures to force the council to reconsider that decision in a second vote.
The issue is Item No. 9 on the agenda. It is “a resolution to reconsider and to refuse and fail to repeal Ordinance No. 5689, an ordinance authorizing and approving a Planned Unit Development District for QuikTrip at the northwest quadrant of Manchester Avenue and Big Bend Boulevard.”
A majority yes vote by the council would send the issue to the voters to decide in the April 2, 2013, election. A no vote by the council would kill the issue, and QuikTrip will stay where it is.
Also on the agenda:
- Item No. 11 is a resolution to purchase a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid.
- Item No. 12 is a resolution that would allow the Maplewood Lions Club to install four signs on city right-of-way.
- Item No. 13 is a resolution authorizing the purchase of six Panasonic Toughbook Mobile Data Terminals.
- Item No. 15 is an ordinance allowing an automotive body shop at 3235 Sutton Blvd.
- Item No. 16 is an ordinance adopting the final budget for the City of Maplewood for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011.
- Item No. 17, is an ordinance adopting the final budget for the City of Maplewood for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012.
See the complete agenda on the included PDF file.
Also in Patch:
- QuikTrip Referendum Pushes Forward With More Signatures
- Homeowner on Florent Avenue Says His Home in Danger of Being Hit if QuikTrip Move Passes
- Councilman Barry Greenberg: QuikTrip Move Would "Benefit the City and Citizens"
- MRH School Board Protests QuikTrip Move in New Letter