Motorists using Interstate 70 will be faced with multiple lane closures at Blanchette Bridge through this weekend as crews work to restore all lanes and ramps on bridge. Motorists should continue to use routes 370 and 364, as there continues to be only three lanes open in each direction this week.
On Thursday one lane will be closed eastbound I-70 from First Capitol/Route 94 to the bridge from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. The ramp from First Capitol to eastbound I-70 will also be closed.
Early Friday morning two lanes on westbound I-70 from I-270 to Earth City Expressway/Route 141, and the ramps from I-270 to westbound I-70 will be closed from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. One lane will be closed eastbound I-70 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
The schedule is to have eastbound I-70 open to five lanes sometime early Saturday. Westbound I-70 will continue to have only three lanes open through the remainder of the weekend. Hopefully, five lanes will be open westbound I-70 by early next week. Work is weather permitting.
Crews will close up to two lanes overnight on westbound I-70 between Carr and St. Louis Avenue nightly in St. Louis City. Crews will close one lane at 8 p.m. and close the second lane at 11 p.m. All lanes reopen by 5 a.m. the following morning, except for Saturday, when the lanes will reopen by 8 a.m.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis City, ramp from Pine Street to westbound I-64 closed until August 2013.
- I-64, St. Louis City, ramp from Ewing to eastbound I-64 closed until August 2013.
- I-64, St. Louis City, one lane closed eastbound at Jefferson.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Vandeventer ramp to westbound I-64 is closed until spring 2014.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the eastbound I-64 exit ramp to Vandeventer is closed until spring 2014.
- I-64, St. Louis City, drivers have three shifted 10-foot lanes in both directions between Kingshighway and Vandeventer until November 2013. The rightmost lane of eastbound I-64 exits at Hampton.
- I-64, St. Charles County, westbound exit ramp to Missouri Research Park is closed until September 9.
- I-70, St. Charles County, loop ramps from Mid Rivers Mall Drive to eastbound and westbound I-70 remains closed until fall 2013.
- I-70, St. Charles County, far right lane westbound closed from Route 370 to the Mid Rivers Mall Drive exit until fall 2013.
- I-70, St. Charles County, right lane closed westbound between Mid Rivers Mall Drive and Route 79 until August 2013.
- I-70, St. Charles County, right eastbound lane from the I-70 exit ramp at Mid Rivers Mall Drive closed until fall 2013.
- I-70, St. Charles County, right lane from Route 79 to eastbound I-70 closed until mid-fall 2013.