Westbound I-64 closed downtown Friday night
The Missouri Department of Transportation will close all westbound Interstate 64 lanes from the Poplar Street Bridge to Jefferson at 8:30 p.m., Friday after the Cardinals game begins. The 10th Street and 14th Street ramps to westbound I-64 will remain open. Motorists should use I-44 and Jefferson as a detour. Crews will open one lane at 6 a.m., Saturday, with a second lane open before noon. The far left lane on westbound I-64 will remain closed after noon. Traffic will be on the two right lanes, separated by concrete barriers.
Westbound I-44 closed Friday night in west St. Louis County
In west St. Louis County, all westbound lanes on Interstate 44 will close Friday night within the construction crossover from east of Antire Road to east of Lewis Road. The interstate closure will last for approximately 15 minutes between 11:15 p.m., to 11:45 p.m. This closure is not related to the current construction work occurring in this area.
Monitoring traffic at I-270 and I-44 work areas
MoDOT continues to monitor traffic impacts on the Interstate 270 and Interstate 44 major work zones in west St. Louis County.
All work is weather permitting and may be shifted due to inclement weather.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-270, St. Louis County, all northbound and southbound lanes closed from I-44 to Manchester Road for up to 15 minutes at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on weekdays until August 2012.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one eastbound lane closed from Lewis Road to Antire Road until mid-September 2012. Two eastbound lanes are open in this section.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one westbound lane closed from Antire Road to Lewis Road until mid-September 2012. Two open westbound lanes are shifted to the eastbound lanes in this section throughout the summer. A third lane opens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays for the evening rush period.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 will be closed until October.
- I-64, St. Louis City, one westbound I-64 lane will be closed from Broadway to 21st Street around the clock until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
- Grand Blvd, St. Louis City, closed from I-64 to Chouteau by St. Louis City until mid 2012.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012.
- I-255, St. Louis County, one right lane closed eastbound on the Jefferson Barracks Bridge until early June.
- Murdoch, St. Louis County, Murdoch over the railroad closed between Big Bend and westbound I-44. The ramps to I-44 remain open.
- Baxter Road, St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH And Clarkson, starting June 4.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed.